Thursday, April 14, 2016

What is a Trust for estate planning purposes?

Have you ever heard that you need a "Trust"?

I mean, what is a trust anyway?

A trust is a legal entity that exists only in the contemplation of law.  It is ficticious.  It does exist.  It is like a real live person, but it really only exists on paper.

Watch this video and tell me what you think:

A trust was first created under the laws of England when knights would "trust" their neighbors while they left on crusades for Christianity and when they came back, their things which were held in "trust" were given back to them.  You know my law school professor didn't tell me this, I actually learned this from Jeremy Eveland, who told me about it and then I verified that it was true!!  The laws in the United States came from (or were based on) that laws of England originally, so that's how we in Utah eventually got our Trust law from.

Do you need a trust like the knights of England?

Maybe you do.

Maybe you don't.

You ought to speak with an attorney about it.

Since you are here visiting my blog, I suggest that you call my office and scheudle a time for a free consultation.

801-676-5507

You can also check out my website at slcestateplanning.com for more information.

I look forward to helping you with your trust (if you actually need one).



Michael R. Anderson, JD
Utah Trust and Estates Attorney
801-676-5507

No comments:

Post a Comment